Sunday, February 24, 2008

Three great months





I can't believe I have been a mom for 3 whole months! Like everyone said it would, this time has, in a sense, flown by. I'm certainly not ready to head back to work tomorrow.

But at the same time, it feels like forever ago when we first came home from the hospital and spent weeks running on no more than 1-2 hours of consecutive sleep at a time! Neither of us is the same person we were 3 months ago!

Gabby is more fun now than ever. She's so aware of us these days, which makes leaving her at daycare even harder. Tonight, she commemorated my last day as a stay-at-home mom by doing two beautiful things:

She went to bed before 8:00, with no fussing at all- just some adorable bellows and jibber jabber.

But before bed, she did something I hope to always remember... She laid her head down on my chest, grabbed the neck of my shirt and started fiddling with my neck, and looking up at me while "talking". It was the cutest thing EVER. It sounded like she was just chilling with mom, gabbing and cooing about her day's events. I wanted to eat up this moment and never forget it!

Leaving for work tomorrow will be the hardest thing I have done so far as a mom. I just know it. Gabby has literally been a part of me for 12 months now. Even now, I still feel like she and I are one being instead of two. She's always been near me since the day she was created, and having her away from me for most of my day will be a huge adjustment.

A long time ago, I read a quote that touched me even though I was not yet a parent. It seems to be particularly relevant today, and I suppose it always will!

“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ~ Elizabeth Stone

4 comments:

About Me said...

Good luck on your 1st day away from Gabby. It will be tough but I promise it will get better!!! Love the new pics.

Gigi

Jenny said...

I love that quote...good luck on your first day back to work!

Staci said...

aww, it sounds like you and gabby had some special "mommy and me" time before your first day. i hope it goes well at work today!! love the pics!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet Sue! I hope your week went well honey. Today is Friday! Enjoy the weekend with your bean!